This policy deals with:
- U3A Representatives (Delegates, Officers etc.) of member U3As and anyone appointed or co-opted to NIREC or organisers of U3A in Northern Ireland activities where we have a legitimate interest in collecting personal data;
- Individual U3A members who book or attend events organised by U3A in Northern Ireland where we have a contractual need to collect personal data.
What personal information do we collect?
You are asked to provide certain information when your U3A becomes a Member of the Third Age Trust, and your U3A thereby becomes a Member of U3A in Northern Ireland; and when you become an Officer or Committee Member of NIREC. This information may include the following contact details:
- email address;
- telephone number;
- postal address.
When you are nominated as a Committee Member of NIREC, you are asked to provide in writing your:
- the names and signatures of your proposer and seconder.
When you book an individual place at an inter-U3A event organised by NIREC you are asked to provide certain information. This may include your:
- email address;
- telephone number;
- postal address;
- dietary or access requirements;
- name and telephone number of emergency contact.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information:
- for administration, planning and management of U3A in Northern Ireland;
- to communicate with you about U3A events and educational activities in Northern Ireland;
- to forward to you requests for relevant information received through the NI Regional email.
We may send you messages by email, post, telephone.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may disclose information about you, including your personal information
- Internally – to NIREC members and event organisers – as required to facilitate your participation in U3A activities;
- If we have a statutory duty to disclose it for other legal and regulatory reasons.
Where we need to share your information outside NIREC we will seek your consent and inform you as to who the information will be shared with and for what purpose.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We need to keep your information so that we can provide our services to you. In the case of U3A officers this will be for no more than 12 months after you cease to hold office. The exceptions to this are instances where there may be legal or insurance circumstances that require information to be held for longer whilst the issues are investigated or resolved. Where this is the case member/s will be informed as to how long the information will be held and when it is deleted. You have the right to ask for your details to be removed at any time.
How your information can be updated or corrected
To ensure the information we hold is accurate and up to date, officers of member U3As need to inform NIREC as to any changes to their personal information. You can do this by emailing the Secretary on email@example.com. Should you wish to view the information that the U3A holds on you, you can make this request by contacting the Secretary as detailed above.
How do we store your personal information?
Personal data of contacts are held within a gmail account, with the password accessible only by the NIREC Secretary and Chairman.
For personal data held on laptops or other devices belonging to representatives of NIREC, this will be on a need to know basis and these persons are fully aware of the requirements of this policy. Any loss of such a device will be treated as a data breach and dealt with accordingly. All such devices will have protection in place.
Hard copies of any records will be minimised.
Availability and changes to this policy
This policy is available on the NI Region of U3As website https://u3ani.info. This policy may change from time to time. If we make any material changes we will make members aware of this via email..
If you have any queries about this policy, need it in an alternative format, or have any complaints about our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policy date agreed: March 2019